Emergency Mass Notification
Protecting People by Keeping Them Updated and Informed During an Emergency.
An Emergency Mass Notification System provides the ability to send alert notifications to select users, groups, campus buildings including multiple site locations anywhere in the world.
Emergency Mass Notification Systems are particularly suited for state and municipal governments, Emergency Management Agencies, Hospitals, Schools and University Campuses, Medium to Large corporations and Sporting Venues.
When an emergency occurs, seconds count and with Valcom’s eLaunch solution a single launch point can deliver emergency alert messages in a matter of seconds to desk phones, PC monitors, large screen LCD screens, horns, strobe lights, messaging boards, text messages and of course, email. In cases where a particular incident requires regular updates to concerned individuals, email, SMS as well as social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc., are supported.
Having the flexibility of issuing an emergency notification alerts remotely or having automatic notifications triggered based on imminent weather threats (i.e.National Weather Service (NWS)) is critical.
Valcom’s eLaunch system uses the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) as defined by the National Weather Service (NWS) for weather threats. Configuration capabilities of the system allows triggering based on the proximity of the hazardous weather as defined by the user – either automatically or manually.
The primary benefit that users will derive from such a system is knowing that when a natural or man-made emergency situation arises, they can alert staff member and the pubilic no matter where they are via a single activation point.
Preprogrammed or manual text to speech or voice messages can be sent to designated sites with clear audio and/or visual instructions based on predefined policies programmed in the system.
These programmed setting can be modified by anyone that has authority access to the system. Users can define categorized emergency events and have built-in communications protocols ready to be invoked automatically, by individuals on premise or remotely if required. Here are some of the benefits.
- Communications triggered to all staff members either automatically or manually based on the National Weather Service (NWS) Communications Alert Protocol (CAP).
- Provide clear written alerts on employee’s PC or Laptop monitors exactly what the situation is and where personnel should seek shelter.
- Establish a set of different audio tones, that gets played over the paging system that alert staff members that a tornado is imminent.
- Ability to invoke alerts remotely via a cell phone.
- Keep employees families updated on the situation via use of SMS or broader concerned groups via social media.
- Drastically reduce the alert time in emergency situations from tens of minutes to a few seconds.
Weather (Tornados, Heavy Rains/Thunderstorms, Wind, Hail Storms, etc.)
- Have pre-recorded messages or select audio tones that gets played over the paging system that alert staff members to avoid a particular building due to fire, or a gunman has been spotted, etc.
- Visual instructions that pop up on staff members computer screens providing updated information where the threat is and clear evacuation instructions.
- Instructions can also simultaneously be sent via SMS and email.
- Establish primary and secondary command centers which can be onsite, across town, across the state or anywhere in the world.
- Supports IP and Legacy Systems.
- Modular design of the gateways support both analog, and IP interfaces to simplify the interconnection to existing phone systems, paging and/or video systems.
- Real time supervision, logging and reporting of activities.
- Ability to interface to existing security door access systems in cases of emergency when doors need to be opened.
- Utilize Existing Network Infrastructure.
- Cost Effective Emergency Control.
- Secure & Scalable.
- Integrates with Remote Web Based Systems.
- One Building or Hundreds of Locations across the country or the world.
- Supports Encrypted Delivery Systems.
- Remote Access SSL.
- Notification on PDA’s, cell phones and Computers.
- SMS / Text Messaging.
- Messaging via all wireless phone providers.
- Post Alerts on Social Network Sites.
- Strobe Alert for Hearing Impaired.
- Visual Indication of Broadcasted Audio Message Alert with Screen Override.
- All Emergency Messages to Any Radio, phone, paging system, etc.
- Text to Digital Radio Systems.
- Visual Emergency Broadcast to Zoned or Grouped Displays.
- On Site Notification.
- Location Identification.
- Text to Speech.
- Store for Play.
- Scheduled Play.
- Fill in Text Message Locations for Specific Emergencies.
- Audio to Legacy Speakers, IP Speakers, IP Phones, digital phones,
2-Way Radios, and IP Emergency Call in Stations.
- Use As-Is or Quick Message Tailoring.
- Entire Campus, Buildings, Floors.
- Inside/Outdoor Areas.
- Ad Hoc Messaging.
- Immediate Fail-Over.
- Built In Redundancy.
- Entire Campus Back-Up.
- Live Voice Loud Speaker Paging even if Phone System Fails.
Fire, Terrorism- Gunman, Bomb Threats, etc.
eLaunch’s System Flexibility
Fast Deployment with Browser Based Control
FaceBook & Twitter
TVs, Plasma Screens, Message Boards throughout the buildings
911 Call Alert
If you're interested in a demo, please call us or click on the link to reach us.